Welcome to Year 3
Meet the team
Miss Gilbert - Class Teacher
Mrs Wardle - Teaching Assistant
Miss Hardy - 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Class Saint - St Vincent de Paul
- This unit will help the children appreciate that during Lent, Christians resolve to change and try to become more like Christ. The children will be introduced to new Gospel stories about Jesus bringing change into the lives of people he encountered.
This unit helps to deepen the children’s knowledge of some of the events of Holy Week and to deepen their understanding of the foundation of the Church’s celebration of the Mass.
Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance.
Use a range of strokes effectively.
Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.
Daily Maths homework will be five questions practicing the four basic operations and include one word problem. They should be completed and returned daily.
Daily English homework will support the development and enrichment of vocabulary. Words will be taken from class texts or stories read in school. Homework will be given on a Monday and collected on a Friday.
Children will receive one piece from either Science, History, Geography, Art, DT, Computing or PSHE (these subjects will be rotated on a weekly basis).Homework is handed out on a Monday and handed in on Friday.An additional Maths or English homework will be given alternately each week. This will be given on Monday and returned on Friday.
Children are encouraged to read at home daily (for at least 20 minutes) and are expected to have their diaries signed by an adult at least 3 times a week.
Spellings will be given out on Monday and tested in the form of a dictation on a Friday.
- Please ensure that full kit stays in school throughout the term
- We will be having weekly swimming lessons on Tuesdays. Please ensure that correct swimming kit is brought in weekly
- Children can bring kits in on Monday if they prefer in preparation for Tuesday
- Children will also participate in PE lessons outdoors (weather permitting) throughout the week. Trainers suitable for outdoors would be helpful
Class Diary- trips, assemblies etc
Please check the messenger for any upcoming dates/trips