Welcome to Year 2
Meet the team
Mrs Davis - Class Teacher
Mrs Clewes - Class Teacher
Miss Towers - Teaching Support Assistant
Class Saint - St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Children will know the importance of Jesus’ teaching about forgiveness. Be able to express the difficulties associated with being a forgiving person. Some understanding of how we experience forgiveness through the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Children will know the sequence of events of Holy Week. Think of reasons why Christians praise and thank Jesus today. Understand something of the words and actions of Jesus at the Last Supper and reflect on his suffering and death.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- Roald Dahl.
Charlie Bucket's life is about to change forever, thanks to one miraculous moment!
Willy Wonka, chocolate maker extraordinaire, has hidden five golden tickets in five ordinary bars of chocolate, and any child who finds one will get the chance to visit his incredible factory.
And Charlie has found one . . .
PE will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Children will need to have full school PE kit for these sessions.
- Daily Maths homework will be four questions practicing the four basic operations. They should be completed and returned daily.
- Daily English homework will support the development and enrichment of vocabulary. Words will be taken from class texts or stories read in school. Homework will be given on a Monday and collected on a Friday.
- Children will receive one piece from either RE, Science, History, Geography, Art, DT, Computing or PSHE (these subjects will be rotated on a weekly basis).
- Homework is handed out on a Thursday and should be completed and handed in by the following Tuesday.
- Children will bring home a reading book matched to their individual reading level- this should be read by the child to someone at home every day. Books will be changed on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Children in Year 2, when ready, will move on to using the Accelerated Reader scheme. Books will again be matched to your child’s reading ability. Children can logon to the platform at school once they have read their book at home and take a quiz on it, which will earn them points towards their reading target. This is to develop children’s understanding and comprehension skills. Once your child is accessing Accelerated Reader , books will be changed once a quiz has been completed rather than on a set day.
- Children are encouraged to read at home daily (for at least 20 minutes) and are expected to have their diaries signed by an adult at least 3 times a week. Diary check will take place on a Monday (reading from the previous weekend will be taken into account.)
- Children will have daily spelling lessons in class. However, there will no longer be weekly spelling tests/ spellings sent home for pupils to learn.
Class Diary- trips, assemblies etc.
23rd Feb- Watch me Learn
5th March- Y2 Lenten Prayer Service
5th March- Parent’s Evening (3:30-6pm in school)
6th March- Parent’s Evening (5:30-8pm online)
7TH March- World Book Day
21st March- End of Term Assembly
22nd March- Stations of the Cross
Please take a look at the messenger for any upcoming dates/class trips.